Field Service Management
Cactus Environmental is a leader in Field and In-Plant services. From tank cleaning to facility closures to large scale soil excavations, Cactus Project Managers have over 35 years of experience in the field and pride themselves on exceeding customer’s expectations. Cactus’s experienced Project Managers, crews, equipment, labs, and partners make sure that your job is completed to your standards. Below are some of the specific services we can provide your company.
Field And In-Plant Services Include:
- Construction of slurry walls — Creating an engineered barrier in situ to encapsulate any containment from migrating.
- Containment enclosures for odor control and air emissions — Cactus has engineered containment for hazardous materials such as mercaptan vessels, mercaptan contaminated soils and chemical warfare agents such as UX and tabun.
- Excavation dewatering — This includes managing rainwater, groundwater or stormwater, communicating into underground utility vaults, open excavations or cable runs using submersible pumps, vacuum trucks, and temporary on-site water treatment systems; and then disposing water on-site under the local ordinance or transporting water to a wastewater treatment facility.
- Filter press treating of sludge from digesters or settling ponds — Dewatering the sludge with a filter press greatly reduces the volume of materials for management on-site or off-site disposal.
- Installation and operation of vapor extraction systems — These systems involve in situ remediation techniques, effective for volatile organic compounds in groundwater or underground zones of contamination where excavation in not a viable option.
- Lagoon stabilization — Hazardous and non-hazardous constituents can be solidified in place or pumped and processed through a filter press and transferred back to the lagoon, applied to the land or transported for off-site disposal.
- Oil/water separators — Cactus routinely inspects and cleans oil/water separators to make sure they are operating properly, oil/water separators filled with sludge that do not allow for phase separation will lead to environmental liabilities when oil “pushes” through the system.
- Subsurface site Investigations — Cactus can plot a sampling grid, gather samples, perform soil analysis and report the results on a CAD diagram in the form of a site investigation report to delineate the extent of contamination for clients.
- Tank farm dismantlement — Once tanks have been decontaminated, Cactus can dismantle or demolish tanks for asset recovery.
- UST/AST removal and abandonment — Cactus’s certified tank experts can remove underground storage tanks or abandon tanks in place depending on site conditions and approval from local agencies.
- In situ soil stabilization and solidification — Cactus can employ in situ chemical treatment, bioremdiation or solidification of contaminated soil where site conditions dictate soil be left in place.
- Fertilizer acquisition from lagoon remediation — Sludges from sludge digesters and many lagoons make great soil nutrients; Cactus has secured land application permits for local agencies to supply fertilizer to foster rich soil conditions while reducing the amount of waste disposed of by the client.
- Transportation and disposal of waste — If in situ or land application is not available, Cactus is able to transport waste using its own fleet of trucks with roll-off boxes and dump trucks; Cactus will also ensure liability elimination or reduction by ensuring that waste is disposed of a Cactus’s PART-B permitted TSDF or at a strategic alliance partner facility.
Contact us today to discuss your field and in-plant service needs.