The Technician position is responsible for safe removal and handling of chemical and other wastes in a manner which complies with all local, state and federal regulations.
Duties may be land or marine related for both planned and emergency response project work.
Potential for dirty and physically demanding work environment along with strenuous physical labor including lifting and pulling heavy objects.
- Must be able to understand and comply with all company and client safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform heavy lifting and carrying; use of hand tools, power tools, bending, stooping, shoveling and other physically demanding tasks on a daily basis.
- Safely handle all chemical waste in a manner which complies with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Perform packaging, handling, storage and disposal activities involving both hazardous and non-hazardous waste in accordance with applicable environmental and company regulations.
- Operate light and heavy equipment including, but not limited to: pumps, vacuum equipment, generators, bobcats, forklift, etc.
- Performs daily housekeeping duties and other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or G.E.D
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Current OSHA HAZWOPER training required
- Experience working with hazardous materials preferred
- The ability to lift, push and/or pull, up to 50 lbs.
- Self-starter, attention to detail, team player
- Good communication skills (verbal, interpersonal, written)
- Reliable transportation a must
- Previous construction/ field experience a plus
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record